AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I do feel like I learned something this weekend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 9/15/2014 19:09 (#4076154)
Subject: I do feel like I learned something this weekend

SW WI
I am serious when I say this. The debate between seeing actual frosted beans and the talk of the trade really doesn't see it as a market mover reinforced my view that the market is pychological. I feel even though some of the messages may have been abrasive it did give some insight on what traders mindset may be.

Now I have been in the frosted bean reduces yield camp, experienced it firsthand in 2003. My yield hit was 12 - 15 bu. an acre. Don't put words in my mouth that I'm calling for damage like that in the pics that have been posted...but you don't know until they are harvested. I think when a farmer is looking out his own window at frosted crops or burnt up crops from a drought or drowned out crops from too much rain we all lose a little objectivity. I know I did in 2013, I just could not believe the talk of good crops in most of the midwest when all I saw in what I thought was a substantial area was poor sickly looking stuff from to much rain. I like to think that I learned a little from that and used it this year when even though my area was suffering with slow planting it seemed like most of the midwest was getting planted. With that in mind I made some sales in early May ( I was not confident at my crop prospects but made sales anyway) and needless to say that has worked out very well.

I also think I learned to not post to soon when something gets under your skin. I'll admit when Farmpro11 first said HIS frosted beans actually yielded more, I though it was the equilelent of Markwrights oil rain post. Now I don't know, maybe Farmpro11 just wants to get people worked up, or maybe he is completely honest, his frosted beans did yield more, I have no way of knowing, so I will just keep moving.

Some say this sight is broken, I think it was some good give and take. Sure it was intense at times, I just feel I gained some insight. Personal attacks? no they don't need to happen. I learned last year to not jump in on them. Hopefully I can keep learning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)