AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This was the morning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/15/2014 09:42 (#4075415)
Subject: This was the morning

Buxton ND
We had frost. My gauge showed 39, I know from watching that SAME gauge,mounted at the SAME height for over 30 years,that the pickup would be frosty.....It was close, roof was froze,about half way down the wind shield,but NOTHING on the hood......... This morning was up @ 5, farmer alarm clock,,, checking the tempy..............Saturday and Sunday morning didn't get out of bed til after sunrise !!!!!!

Drove to the 1/4 that normally freezes first, NO DAMAGE,there was a tad of frost on the grass in the ditch,but that ditch lacks the soil warmth as the black dirt in the field. No damage to very sensitive Navy beans.

It takes more then frosty yards and vehicles to damage corn and beans.
Its take more then frosty roofs on houses.
It takes more then lite patchy frost to move the market.
It would have taken wide spread reading in the upper 20's to move the market.
And the arrow head region of NE MN does not count period..............................................
This was nothing but "alittle" frost scare and it couldn't even re-test to $10 ZSX or $3.50 ZCZ pretty much tells you what traders are thinking and trading...... Now me I did not even get remotely close to thinking about lifting my bean hedgie because the temps foretasted were a NON-EVENT

Forecast is for temp pushing 80 here in the Northland by weeks end. Gonna be a lot warmer in the corn belt. A frost on the next moon well be a NONEVENT............................

BTW Blu,,, I think your short,sweet and to the point on your charts, I ramble LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still short LEZ stop @ 161ish if I can make enough for a half beef wrapped and in the freezer I'm gone.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)