AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7140 boxcar magnum hydraulic leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

forget
Posted 9/1/2014 22:37 (#4051188 - in reply to #4051115)
Subject: RE: 7140 boxcar magnum hydraulic leak

eastern sd
I just did the same job to our 8940 had to replace a hose that was the load sense line for the steering hand pump. Right below about where the foot pedals are those lines go from pipes to hoses and clamp to a hold down bracket. I don't know if your working on the same hose but I ended up unscrewing the lower end of the pipe I found a splice in it a couple feet back on the right hand side of the transmission between the tire and the frame. That splice was easy to get at and then I could move the difficult one up top into a spot where I could get a wrench on it. I was pretty frustrated too I thought I was going to miss lunch until I figured out to do that.\

Also: If the nut your trying to get off is the point where it goes from a pipe to a hose make sure the hose isn't leaking up higher and dripping on the flange nut. On ours the hose ran in conduit going up to the steering hand pump and the oil was leaking into the conduit and dripping directly onto the flange nut. I don't know if 71s have that conduit or not

Edited by forget 9/1/2014 22:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)