AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7140 boxcar magnum hydraulic leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jar7120
Posted 9/1/2014 17:02 (#4050527)
Subject: 7140 boxcar magnum hydraulic leak

south Central Michigan
On Friday a neighbor called and needed somebody to chop 4 loads of Sorghum/mix for his beef cows. (He doesn't have a pickup head on his chopper) Dad hooked up my 7140 to our old Fox 3300 chopper and chopped the 4 loads. He drove back home and parked it in the shed. About 15 mins latter I went up there to grab something and saw a pool of hydraulic oil underneath it. About a pint. Oh crap. I got it to the shop and traced the oil leak to underneath the cab. So I pulled the floor pan and everything there was dry. I finally pinpointed it to the 1/2 inch steel line the runs from smack dab in the middle of the cab to a a a elbow by the remotes ( I think it has something to do with the steering priority valve) So Saturday me and dad tried to get this line off. Reaching in from the floor pan access point does no good, can't hardly reach it much less work on it from here. So we pulled the left side duals so we could fit ourselves in next to the auxiliary fuel tank and reach it this way. You can reach it but now the problem is there is no room to swing a wrench on the flange nut. ( it is actually leaking out between the nut and hydraulic line) After fighting it all Saturday morning to no avail. We walked away til we can figure out what to do. The only thing we succeeded in doing was get really mad at each other and the tractor.

So my question is. Is there any blasted way to get this stupid line off without taking the cab off. The outside fitting isn't much better to work with. The only difference is your not reaching clear under the cab to work but there is still 6 lines and the tractor itself to work around. If there is a way to do it without pulling the cab off I'm sure interested in suggestions. If the cab has to Come off its going to have to go someplace to have it done as we don't have the stuff to pull the cab and hopefully they can have it done by the time harvest rolls around as we use it as our cart tractor. i hope i have explained our problem clear enough for you to understand what I'm talking about. Thanks for any input you may have for us
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)