AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tube feeding oops?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 8/28/2014 19:21 (#4043680)
Subject: tube feeding oops?

Got a bottle calf that I've had to tube the last 3 feedings -- its looking ok other than shows not desire to drink, or will drink 1/3 bottle and stop, flop down and rest -- just looks depressed, its on day 5 at my place, and the weathers been a real pita. Every time I tube I feel for the knob of the feeder in their gut/throat -- so I know I'm in the right spot. This particular one always fights and thrashes. Well tonight while tubing (2000ml) she decided to sit down on me, things continued to go ok till I got to about 500ml then she seemed to blow it (liquid) back out of its mouth. I quickly closed the valve and waited for tube to drain before pulling it out -- calf got back up coughed a couple times and seems ok. Checked back in an hour and its sitting up with head normal. Anything else to watch for? Any suggestions for future -- never drowned one yet -- but dont want to in the future either. Whats the best thing to do if they sit down on you? I did give a shot of Baytril before I fed her. Temp was on ok but on high end of normal range, poop was ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)