AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Should we wait to get another Golden Retriever
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ndsu84
Posted 8/23/2014 12:18 (#4033965 - in reply to #4032926)
Subject: RE: Should we wait to get another Golden Retriever

EC North Dakota
We got a golden the year we got married, she was the greatest dog ever and died of old age at 14. Next was a beautiful Springer. She was 5 when she got into an open pail of anti freeze. Terrible. Next was another springer who loved to ride so much she would get in with the neighbors pickup, tractor or whatever. He loved when she would come along. One day she jumped out of his pickup to run to his tractor just as a car was coming by. He felt so bad.

We had a black lab the last 10 years or so. All my dogs rode everywhere with me but she could jump into my pickup with the tailgate closed or climb the tractor ladders with no help. Combines, she would climb part way and ask for a boost. She was waiting for me to go in the semi when my hired man took off with it. She was watching me and didn't see the truck coming. Very sad.

You guys can say I'm irresponsible not kenneling or tying my dogs, but we live on a farm and they'd be devastated if I ever tied them. They sleep outside the house or in my room, wherever they prefer that day. Everyone of them absolutely loved to go to work, and hated days off. I miss my last black lab every day.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)