AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cancelling a Scam payment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 8/16/2014 18:07 (#4021655)
Subject: Cancelling a Scam payment

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

G'day,

Six months ago I was stupid enough to click on one of those 'pop ups' that promise to clean and speed up your computer.

The contact provided me with all sorts of trouble - sufficient to restore to a back up from before I clicked on the pop up.

That got rid of that [obviously!]

Emailed the company, Spark Trust, demanding my money back - no response.

Now I have a 'six monthly license update' - $19.97 US  through SafeCart, and PayPal.

Just noticed the emails last night, checked my bank account and the amount in $A has not been withdrawn.

Thought I would change my account details on PayPal, and their payment would hit a brick wall.

Just as I was organising that the screen refreshed, and a notice arrived stating that I could not change my banking details, as there was a payment being processed. Too late - so now they have another $22.26 A out of me.

Question -

If I contact SafeCart, can they remove the contact with Spark Trust, and stop me hitting another 6 monthly renewal next February?

Of course I can change my Pal Pal bank details, but my guess is that the debit would then just be transferred to the changed account. Unless I quit PayPal altogether!   A nuisance, but maybe necessary!

Any advice please.

Thanks in advance. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)