AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hope I don't need a vet anytime soon.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 4/2/2008 21:03 (#348497 - in reply to #348429)
Subject: Re: Hope I don't need a vet anytime soon.

Missouri
Our Vet is important part of the operation, and we do our part to support his family. Sometime the economics are not the best, but overlook it to have his knowledge, most from the school of hard knocks. While being able to do most of the work myself, it came down to being easier to hire him and assistant for short time and I moved back to basic cowboy ect. Was much better than having a rookie doing the cowboy stuff and had to watch. We have enough numbers that new problems come along and I have to call for assistance, he is most willing to assist. Maybe the difference is we have a large animal vet that likes his job. Large animal vet is hard work and does not pay like cats and dogs. Hope we can raise enough farm kids they will look forward to that kind of job. Also vet clinic is set up to bring as many problem to him as possible, that really saves him time. Actually make it easier to get the single stuff done. Employee/Labor factors makes paying his bill much easier, plus at end of the day this owner operator is starting to feel his age, those years that end in zero make a big difference.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)