AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UNL's corn yield model
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 7/27/2014 08:56 (#3987953 - in reply to #3987538)
Subject: RE: UNL's corn yield model

Nebraska aka the boondocks
I won't disagree with the article, because as you say that was as of the 20th. since then it has been a furnace and the 10 day forecast offers no help. We know that this dryland crop in Nebraska, in many areas is now on the ropes, and if the forecast holds true, by the end of ten days it will be a mess, some will be totally lost. I do also agree that the irrigated crop will be average, or at least that is what I gathered. Because for every area that is really good, there are places where half the county has been devastated. And a lot of the irrigated acres that have been wiped clean, are some of our best irrigated acres.
If people wonder who is upset about their crop, all they have to do is look at NOAA's 30 day % of precip map, http://water.weather.gov/precip/ There is dryland in Nebraska that has had rain, and then there is the rest. I love this map, because it becomes very clear about backyarditis. If they could superimpose a soil moisture holding capacity map on top, then you would get a really good idea of backyarditis.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)