AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble EZ-Guide 500/Raven 660
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

andrewsorganics
Posted 8/10/2014 07:55 (#4010903 - in reply to #3985335)
Subject: RE: Trimble EZ-Guide 500/Raven 660

I apologize for the long delay.

After some testing I've learned some things, none of which being me any closer to making this work.

The Spreader constant number does not change the rate directly in any way. It is a reflection of the gate opening vs the area opened and is calibrated for a given spreader by weighing, unloading some, confirming the weight unloaded and the running that number through a raven equation. It CAN change the amount spread on an area, but only in a way that breaks everything else, and it does not change the rate the unit receives at all. Set Spreader constant for 41, 410, or 4100, and its target rate remains the raw "5" you send it.

Indeed, after reading the manual, I don't see anything that would allow me to modify any incoming or outgoing numbers in the way that's been suggested here at all.

Am I missing something about the Raven? I'm absolutely certain that the exact hardware setup I'm using is somewhat common out there. Why am I having trouble finding anyone who uses either of these bits of hardware?

I do appreciate the suggestions so far, they're just not headed in the right direction. I'll try Raven's support on Monday, but I'll also try anything you all can come up with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)