AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

There's NO WAY we're gonna see 400+ Carryout on Beanies..!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/25/2014 22:40 (#3986117 - in reply to #3985255)
Subject: It was 103 here..

It was 103 here today...  

This week.. Sunday.. couldn't row my d/c beanies for all the weeds.. wind finally died down and fields still soft but started spraying at.. 6:30 till 10:30.. pm.

Monday finished spraying at 2pm.. actually not really as ran out of product and wind came up... got more product at 4:30..

Tuesday.. headed to field to FINISH spraying.. but found 3 pivots down... 2 stuck in the mud and 3rd had a perfect triangle bend in it at the 4th tower..  Phoned that in.. sent utility tractor to furthest pivot to fix flat tire... pulled easy stuck pivot out.. finished spraying.. fixed flat sent utility tractor home.. checked pivots.. home by.. 9 pm. 

Wednesday.. same pivot that got stuck went 75 yards until next tower out got stuck.. flat tire.. in mud.. sent utility tractor BACK AGAIN to fix it AGAIN.. got that one done BEFORE tire repair closed at the coop at 5 pm.. (unlike the day before.. sorry about that guys and THANKS for staying open.. "uh-hum") got it running PARKED utility tractor at edge of field in order to SCARE pivot NOT to have any more flats..  Crew had dog legged pivot fixed.. and running.. (ps gonna be a few less harvested acres as we had to knock some corn down.. "oh well.")

Thursday.. one stuck pivot is stuck again.. others are running.. but one has a well down..  looking for "beat head here sign.."  Neighbor finished harvesting wheat.. reminds me.. still got mudholes to get someday... ???   Started sweeps on wheat ground..

Today..checked pivots.. most running...  looked at bean market,.  NO WAY!!!  bought beanies.. met crew at down well.. pulled well.. replaced sheared oiler cap.. pulled pump out of the hole.. split shaft apart..drained water bottle.. replaced four bearings.. sealed everything back up.. drained crews Got cooler.. back in the hole and fired up by 7:15 pm on a Friday night.... checked pivots.. and... gasp... everything that was supposed to be running.. was..   So.. ???  came home...  feet propped up and weather man says..  "103 today.. gonna be hotter tomorrow.. heat index's up to 110.."   Lovely..  but then it's supposed to cool off...  90's next week..

ah.. that will feel SOOOOOOO good.....  heck might even rain..?? (who needs pivots???)  Just kidding.. dryland corn is starting to fire up to ears on some patches.. need pivots RUNNING..

but hey I'm up a nickle on the beanies... "even better."

edit add.. oh and I can ROW my beanies now... lol... now just need a market..  

"yipper living the dream baby.. living the dream."

Yal... dog... good night. 

Edited by JonSCKs 7/25/2014 23:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)