AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's Celebrate by Releasing Mylar Balloons!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John 86
Posted 7/26/2014 18:08 (#3987214 - in reply to #3983549)
Subject: RE: Let's Celebrate by Releasing Mylar Balloons!

Seaforth, Ontario

Better you find it than some idiot driving by and climbing the fence or leaving a gate open to retrieve it when they see it land. Figure they're going to find a message from across the pond and make a movie. Just like wannabe news reporters snapping smartphones everywhere.
I know my  dislike stems from oranges, not apples. Saw a weather ballon in our field on the way to school one day; was going to pick it up after school, but neighbour got there first and said he got it in his pasture across the road. Another time I had a large hot air balloon land in a pasture and spooked 50 head of cattle.  I saw and heard when she fired the burner, right over the heifers. Asked why she didn't land in neighbour's hay field before mine, she replied, "I can land where I want." Then the ... chase vehicle comes charging in. Worst thing is, she was Ontario president of ballooners and the wife of a dairy farmer neighbour. That night, the cattle got spooked by something else and pushed over the new corner of the fence and scattered, some 5 miles away.
Did I tell you, I hate balloons? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)