AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We are Stumped
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

TheBonePile
Posted 7/23/2014 21:17 (#3982907 - in reply to #3982695)
Subject: RE: We are Stumped

Southeast South Dakota
you have tried a different browser?

i had a real strange deal - let me see if i can remember -

i fix computers as a sidelight...... a guy calls, tells me he can get anywhere on the internet but cant get to this one particular website (i think it was the govt payment site like iftps or something)

he had a username password it seems - so he brings his compute over and it works fine at my house........ then he brought along his verizon mifi - i turned off my wireless and he fired up the mifi and his computer - nothing again -

it seems we then used my computer to logon to his mifi and sure enough then my computer would go anywhere except that one site.....so we deduced it was a verizon problem........ but that is a little diff as the site may have had rules not wanting you to utilize a wireless connection - but i surely wouldnt expect that of the tractor pullers site -

best test i can recommend is taking one or more of your computers to town or a buddy and see if it acts the same way - will atleast tell u if it is your computer or not......

as far as the wife's phone not woring - go a ways away and utilize a different cell tower - then see if it gets in - there could a restriction or something not quite right on the cell tower u r using at your house.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)