AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How's your garden doing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Aaron SEIA
Posted 7/9/2014 16:07 (#3959730 - in reply to #3959619)
Subject: RE: How's your garden doing?

Mine was looking real good till the weeds took over. Just don't have the time I need right now to do it, but I'm not giving up. Kohlrabi were a near failure due to weeds, beets were about half of what they should have been. Radishes got too big too fast then my second crop of them headed out and never made a bulb. Lettuce has been a nice bright spot. Peas and beans should be being picked as I type, but I'm 900 miles west of my garden on vacation. Potatoes look incredible, so I have high hopes for them. Cuke and butternut squash looked good when I left. Tomatoes were starting to flower. Sweet corn should be near ready when I get home. Strawberries were about 1/10 of what they were last year. Peppers looked ok, sweet potatoes looked like death, but may pull through. Watermelon and pumpkin looked ok, cantaloupe looked sickly.

If my Tasmanian devil of a 2 1/2 year old would cooperate, it'd look a lot nicer. Darn kid won't nap, knows no fear, and likes to wander down the road, into the cow or horse lots, etc, etc. "Next year" has become the mantra of my garden. Best part is my 7 year old decided he doesn't like spaghetti and that is what I do with the majority of my tomatoes. Kid likes lasagna though, so guess we'll eat a lot of that.
AaronSEIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)