AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shopping for triple mowers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 7/11/2014 17:16 (#3963053 - in reply to #3962899)
Subject: RE: shopping for triple mowers

Wi

mponce - 7/11/2014 14:56 The dairy I work for has two New Holland sp cutters (hw 340 and hw 345). They are looking at going to 1 machine so they demoed a Pottinger triple mower. They have an Oxbo 1416 merger as well but they couldn't use it on what the triple cutter did. They had someone with a continuous merger come in and do it. How do you intend to keep using your 1416 merger with a triple cutter? To my understanding if they got any sort of triple cutter they would need to get a new merger. I'm just a little confused I guess.

Reading through the original post again, you are correct that it doesn't sound clear if they plan to upgrade the merger or not.  That is a cost that needs to be considered as a continuous merger will be needed for any of the triple mower setups.  The Oxbo's are popular and have been around for awhile, the H&S Tri-Flex is getting popular in this area as well. Kuhn and ROC are scattered also. Oxbo 330 and 334 new will be 110-130k ish (haven't priced one lately.) Used it looks like you are still looking at 90k+ unless you got an older style Avalanche 310.   If you have a lot of room, and very flat level fields with a tight budget you could get an older H&S continuous box.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)