AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Modified turbo till in action (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

butch12772
Posted 6/16/2014 15:15 (#3921887 - in reply to #3921683)
Subject: RE: Butch...Matt

From a manufacturing standpoint, I cannot recommend making this modification. However, if you want to do it on your own I merely wanted to point out some issues with the way this one had been changed. If the front gangs are angled in and the rear ones angled out, the results will be better though not perfect. As I said before the Turbo-Till still has a lot of value the way it is. It is a true vertical tillage tool that will not move soil side to side or create compaction layers.
Don't forget that a Turbo-Max has a blade spacing of 7.5" on each gang while the Turbo-Till is at 10". The reason for more blades and closer together is that when angling the gangs, they will still give a full cut out and a level seedbed. When you angle the longer 10" spaced gangs, they will not cut out as well.
Ultimately it is your choice if you want to make this modification. I just want you to be aware of the drawbacks. There is still a good market for Turbo-Tills from what I see. If you feel the Turbo-Max fits your needs better, see what kind of trade your dealer can make. Overall you will be happier with the job it does over a modified Turbo-Till.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)