AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hot water pressure washer ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/7/2014 08:40 (#3906170 - in reply to #3906137)
Subject: RE: Hot water pressure washer ?

central - east central Minnesota -

7110mag - 6/7/2014 08:13 I was buying parts yesterday for my cold water washer and the sales guy was trying to sell me a new Hotsy hot water washer. He said I wouldn't need the same pressure and gpm to do a better job than the cold water washer, is this true? My old unit is a 4 gpm, 3700 psi unit that has a 11 hp Honda. He had a 13 hp Honda hot water that has 3.8 gpm at 3500 psi but it was more than I was willing to spend. Are the hot water units that much better washing combines and tractors? Wilson

Need to qualify or get the comments in context . . .. .

A hot water unit will clean grime and grease better then cold unit - faster, yes. Will a hot unit wash off thick heavy mud and dirt better then cold ? No . . . .

Will a hot unit wash / clean livestock barns better - depends . . . if you want to sterilize, yes. If you want to simple cut heavy manure . . . likely not.

Reguardless, I'd look for more GPM and less psi . . .  you aren't trying to "Strip" paint off equipment to clean it. You can clean better with a 5 gal min - 1500 psi unit then a 2.5 gal min - 4000 psi unit. Lower pressure doesn't "blow" the cleanings around the shop ceiling and walls, like a higher pressure unit will.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)