AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my return to spraying-high tech-to happy tech?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 5/31/2014 06:17 (#3894499)
Subject: my return to spraying-high tech-to happy tech?

western iowa,by Denison
Well to say the least-its been a year of spring adjustments-my long time friend and neighbor Joe told me in March that he was busy this spring and would not be doing the spraying for me.Joe had run the sprayer for me since the 90's-I think around 1987 or so-I always paid for the spray equipment and he ran it-anyhow,i showed Joe how to run sprayers back in 1980 when he started helping on the farm,and Joe worked part time for 13 years till he started farming on his own,we have owned spray equipment together,and then couple years ago Joe got out of farming-but always came back and ran the sprayer-fast speed to today-----------
In march Adam said I could go to a 2600 auto steer box,spray width-command box-a 1 minute class and presto-I was spraying with the commando box-Joe had the fast sprayer set up wit 10 gallon tips and 10-12mph-
Ha-ok,I'm grey,old and have no help-to say I had a learning curve would be a understatement?! STRESS
but NO-I didn't cave in and let the co-op spray-I some how muddled through and got all my acres sprayed with pre-emergence chemicals-which leads to now-spraying post Calisto with round-up or corn
Stress!!!!How the heck will I get the 8520jd and pull type 1000gallon 60ft boom sprayer down 30 inch rows without running all the corn down?
Hello wnax -yes This is Gary from Westside-I'm looking for a 3pt sprayer-12 calls later-looked at about 4 that were close by-all totally need complete makeovers-Bomgarrs had a new one-200 gallon 3pt -old price -o $1250 later I have a new sprayer!
have 5 loads out and about 40 more to go-so far so good-manual controls with a chain adjust boom-1st 40 acre I did was off 1 acre so I readjusted the pressure(turn knob) and should be close on the next 80
only moniter and foamer I have to deal with on this sprayer is myself-starting to like simple things more every day

(008 (Small).JPG)

(002 (Small).JPG)

(001 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 008 (Small).JPG (86KB - 186 downloads)
Attachments 002 (Small).JPG (75KB - 192 downloads)
Attachments 001 (Small).JPG (71KB - 179 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)