AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my return to spraying-high tech-to happy tech?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 5/31/2014 07:45 (#3894639 - in reply to #3894499)
Subject: RE: my return to spraying-high tech-to happy tech?

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Glad your happy with your setup Gary, if your happy that's the main thing that counts.

Please don't take this wrong but I think you'd be better off with a 60' boom versus the 30' boom you have shown here.

Less turning on end rows.
Less trips back to refill
A lot of springs you can't always properly spray but a small amount of time during the day because it's to windy.

I went from 45' boom 38 years ago to a 60' many years ago to a 90' this year. I'd hate to drive 10 miles to my farthest farm with only 200 gallon capacity. If I had to go to a 30' boom I'd call my local co-op first for those far away farms.

All my sprayers have been pull types but can see where a 3 point can have its merit. I used to spray with an open station tractor but didn't care for the spray drift hitting me in certain wind conditions.

I can guarantee you you are way ahead of me for your cost of what my sprayer cost compared to what mine cost. I don't even want to put on here what mine cost but it is a LOT more then what you have invested in yours. So maybe your ROI isn't so bad after all :-).

Be careful out there and enjoy your sprayer. Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)