AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Logging/mapping Raven 750 Product 3 w/SiteMate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/25/2006 07:35 (#29643 - in reply to #29054)
Subject: RE: Logging/mapping Raven 750 Product 3 w/SiteMate

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Gary - the wire that you are looking for is referred to as "Product Enable" in Raven terms. Each of your five potential products will have a Product Enable line that goes to +12V when that product is to be applied and 0 Volts otherwise. These Product Enable lines are used to signal the motor control that product is desired and start the pump. I have used these product enable lines occasionally for some special purposes such as you describe.

The wire that you are looking for is in the main console cable leading from the console and eventually ending up at the motor control for Product #3 (2nd pump). I assume that you will want to tap off of the proper wire in the main console cable. You could tap off elsewhere but the console cable is probably the most desirable from a layout standpoint.

I assume that you have done this in the past for either the Carrier (Product 1) or the other Pump (Product 2). I assume that you have tapped into the main harness already. I would put a connector on each of the Product enable lines that you might ever use and label them. That way in the future you could trigger your external device off of any Product that you desire.

I'm not sure what the wire color is from memory but I will check and reply when I get into work today.

I'm quite sure it is Pin #10 of the 22 Pin connector for the branch that goes to Products 3 & 4 (assuming you are using the cable that I have in mind).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)