AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Compass Coverage Map-Findings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/23/2014 10:48 (#3831886)
Subject: Compass Coverage Map-Findings

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A post below had questions about using Ag Leader's Compass to paint a coverage map. I was at the dealership this morning and we played around with this concept. The Compass is Ag Leader's entry level display that is designed for Guidance/Steering only.

1) Coverage can be enabled/disabled by using the screen icon without the need for any additional equipment or expense. This would work fine but most would probably prefer this to be done automatically based on an implement switch or the status of another device.

2) Coverage can be enabled/disabled by using an implement switch, an external common switch or a connection to another device (Raven 440 for example). This involves some additional equipment and expense. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as putting an implement switch between a couple of extra wires sticking out of the harness.

Here's what is involved: Ag Leader's Application Rate Module is needed. This is the same module Ag Leader has had for many years. This module needs to be plugged into Ag Leader's CAN connector. As I understand it, the Compass can be purchased with a bare bones display cable that would not have the round CAN connector. The wiring must have a CAN connector to connect the App Rate Module. The display cable that is more commonly used with an Insight, Versa or Integra would be suitable. The Application Rate module can be used for different situations, but here the implement switch branch would be the only one utilized to go to a real implement switch or another device.

Since the Compass was designed for guidance/steering, it is not possible to create other configurations as you would do with the other displays. The only Configuration available is Guidance. Tapping the Wrench on the Guidance Icon will bring up settings for the vehicle. There is a box for Implement switch which defaults to None. This can be changed to Standard or Reversed. I would suggest trying Reversed first.

If the Coverage map is now controlled by the implement switch but is backwards, then change the setting from Reversed to Standard.

The Compass will recognize other Ag Leader modules that may be on the CAN bus but there is no way to utilize them.

Edited by tedbear 4/23/2014 10:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)