AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mitchell County Land Auction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

steincowboy
Posted 4/23/2014 20:09 (#3832659 - in reply to #3831492)
Subject: RE: Mitchell County Land Auction

God's Country (N.C. Ia)
Itchy - 4/23/2014 07:15

If market value, what ground is worth in dollars to someone else, is greater than $7600/a, then what is wrong with waiting for that greater value? And as far as what the owner paid for the land in the first place, what does that have to do with what he gets from the market? And the neighbors have always been bidding against each other for everything, even groceries.
I'd say you will wait a long time before you get a farm bought at "your" imaginary market price.

I couldn't afford it when it was 2500 an acre much less 10k, so this is definitely not a "woe is me" post. You're right, what a farmer paid for the farm has nothing to do with what they'd be willing to sell it for, but I highly doubt any of the fellas that paid 3 or 400 bucks an acre ever thought that it would be bringing these prices when they (or their kids) decided to sell. It just seems greedy to me that if it ain't bringing what the last piece topped the market at, it ain't gonna be for sale, but again, that's the owner's business what they would be willing to let it go for. Not mine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)