AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer on Case IH 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

COdrylander
Posted 7/17/2006 12:33 (#27383 - in reply to #27380)
Subject: Re: EZ Steer on Case IH 2388

NE CO
I ran mine on my 2388 this year and was pretty pleased with it. I just used the default settings for a combine, increased the freeplay a little, and put in correct measurements for wheelbase, distance to rear axle, and antenna height. I mounted the antenna on top of the cab at the front. I have bin extensions and was not aware of any antenna blockage problems. I bet you will need a T2. The antenna is way up there. With a 30 foot header, I had to set it for 28.5 feet width, and still occasionally had to nudge it to prevent skips. According to the display I was always right on (2-3") the correct course, but satellite inacuracies caused enough drift that 1.5' overlap wasn't quite enough.

Oh, and you might consider an alternate to the cigarette ligher plug in. Mine is located between the buddy seat and driver seat. Every time I had a visitor in the cab, the plug woud invariably get bumped and I would lose the GPS until I could get it all powered back up again.

The neighbor stopped me the other day to ask if I had autosteer on the combine. I guess the tracks looked a lot straighter than last year.

Edited by COdrylander 7/17/2006 12:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)