AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9270 Starting Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

weedbeaver
Posted 12/16/2013 20:39 (#3524074)
Subject: 9270 Starting Problems

NE ND
I have been having problems getting my 9270 to start sometimes. I have put 2 starters in and one starter solenoid this summer / fall. There are times when you turn the key, the relays "click" and you get power down to the solenoid, but the starter won't turn. Put on a new starter and it works fine for awhile. I have tried the old tap on the starter trick, but that doesn't seem to work. I also jumped power directly to the solenoid & the starter itself, but nothing will happen when its in this condition.

There has been a couple times where I would turn the tractor over and let it crank, particularily when its cold. If it turns over for 15 secs or better & it doesn't start, and when I cycle the key to try again, it will only click the relays. The last time this happened I kept cycling the key, and after about 20-30 cycles, the starter engaged and started turning the tractor over again.

Dealer claims its the starter yet, but it seems fishy that I'm on the 3rd one this year, and having the same problems again that I don't think the starter is the problem. Has anyone had any similar issues? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)