AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talc in CCs Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 12/9/2013 21:13 (#3505808 - in reply to #3503389)
Subject: RE: Talc in CCs Planter

West-Central IL
I have been dumping graphite in the planter tank as the seed flows in from the tender so that is mixes on the seed better. I agree dumping it in at the base of the tender auger or conveyor would be better, but I need to be up on planter to see when tank is full or to read scales. Ran across this seed inoculator at farm show this week and plan to purchase for next year. Very low cost way to apply talc or graphite. I bet 90% of the new tenders at the show were using this same treater on them. Price quotes ranged from $250 - 600 for complete unit so need to check around for best price. They also now offer a 1.5" pvc auger if your tender design does not allow you to place treater directly over hopper.

http://www.enviropacinc.com/seedtreater.htm

Also, I have seed tender that I directly place 4 "pro-boxes" on. Each box states the net weight. I divide wt. by two and put in each planter tank. Usually comes out within 10 lbs. It is AWSOME!! Certainly is not a requirement, but you better have a bucket handy for scooping grain to even tanks out if you don't have a scale. Before I had scales, I would keep going back and forth between the two hoppers putting in a little at a time so that I would not end up with way to much in one and not enough in the other. That helped to minimize scooping later.

Edited by mohr-power 12/9/2013 21:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)