AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rebuiding disk-ripper disk gang
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DRester
Posted 12/6/2013 10:06 (#3495754 - in reply to #3495231)
Subject: Re: Rebuiding disk-ripper disk gang

Franklinton, LA
I agree with your comments about disk gang repair. Once upon a time I was an engineer for a small farm equipment manufacturing company. Getting calls and complaints from customers was always very helpful. It usually didn't help my ego but I usually heard things I really needed to hear. I would suggest calling the company sales or engineering department, not service department and explaining what they can do to solve a problem for you. As an engineer, I would prefer to ship a complete, properly assembled disk gang with all new parts rather then risking possibly poor assembly with some worn parts.

Whatever gang repairs you make, I suggest you check the gang bolt torque 2 or 3 times during the first 6 - 8 hours of use!

I have been reading posts on farm machinery for well over 15 years. I am surprised at what appears to be very poor communications between farmers and farm equipment manufacturers. Small farm equipment companies pay their bills by solving problems for farmers. I think you will be helping yourself, other farmers and the company by letting them know about your problems and how they can help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)