AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nitrogen recommendations ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/30/2013 09:27 (#3480727 - in reply to #3480543)
Subject: Re: Nitrogen recommendations ?

Morris, IL
I ran all our fields in it last year as did few other agtalks i talked to last summer. In our preplant NH3 fields it seemed to overestimate loss. I went and topdressed more N with Hagie NTB bar. In my sided by sides max profit was close to half the rate i put on with hagie which was estimated near the adapt-n rate. In fields where i sidedressed the NH3 it seemed to underestimate what we needed or it was pretty close depending on field, i think that has to do with yield potential estimate. If field varied across the field, if i used the highest area yield adapt N was about right, if i use the field average that it finished it estimated lower N needs. It is helpful tool no question, will be entering fields again for next year. I would much rather have an agleader optric system on a hagie but with 4$ corn it doesn't pay i don't think. Next year will be almost 100% sidedress NH3, i'm tired of loosing high dollar Nitrogen, and it works better with our fall strip till.

I also ran it in 2012 with hit and miss results, they made lot of improvements last year during growing season.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/30/2013 09:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)