AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OLD Barn wood
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 11/23/2013 19:06 (#3464520 - in reply to #3464445)
Subject: RE: OLD Barn wood

Several places around "here" that take old lumber and timbers and re-saw them for high end paneling and flooring.

Some will offer price for beams/wood once building is torn down others will come and dismantle barn for the lumber. 

Be wary of any individual offering to tear it down for the wood. Many times they are ill prepared for the amount of work and will drag it out for a very long time. 

Personally I'd make anyone sign a liability waiver in case they get hurt. Plus if exchanging wood for tear down I would make them pay a deposit up front which would be refundable once site is cleaned up to MY satisfaction. Nothing worse than somebody taking the quality stuff and leaving the mess behind for you to clean up. The deposit should be enough that it encourages them to get it done quickly but if they fail to clean up the mess that it pays for you to get it cleaned up.

Not offering legal advice or how to do contracts merely pointing out some possible pitfalls.

I had a guy with an excavator tear one down we yanked some better beams out as sort of an afterthought. I asked both local places for bids on pile of beams. Sold to highest bidder and it was enough to almost pay for tearing barn down.

(P3080038 (Medium).JPG)

(P3080042 (Medium).JPG)

(P3090116 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P3080038 (Medium).JPG (94KB - 299 downloads)
Attachments P3080042 (Medium).JPG (90KB - 305 downloads)
Attachments P3090116 (Medium).JPG (83KB - 300 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)