AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic hose shop layout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 11/21/2013 14:58 (#3459270 - in reply to #3458960)
Subject: Re: Hydraulic hose shop layout

Wi
Put the hose reels all the way on one end of your "bench". Then put the saw at that end of the Bench just far enough away from the spools that you can work with them. The hose shop setups use a trough with a tape measure built into it leading out from the saw, this lets you measure the old hose, then cut the new one perfect and keeps the mess in one spot also, also helps hold the hose straight if you don't have another set of hands and such. Then to the right of the saw put all of your fittings either on top of the bench or below it or both depending on how many you have. Put the crimper to the right of them or somewhere in that area.

Compressed air will not get everything out of the hose but it is better than nothing.

Keep some lube around to help slide the fittings on and mount a wood block near the area to help tap stubborn ones on.

If you cannot afford a clean cut saw (they are thousands of dollars) you will have to deal with sparks and some very bad smoke. What I am in the process of doing is copying our NAPA store that we get our fittings from. They used a 120v leaf blower to suck the fumes away from the saw and then plumbed it to the outside of the shop. Works pretty good and costs very little.

I am actually moving our hose stuff up into our loft, I don't see a need for it taking up space on the ground level. More stuff thats in the loft can easily be moved to other storage buildings.

Plan for a lot of fittings. I stocked ours up with every style, shape and size for 1/4,3/8,1/2,5/8,3/4 and 1" hose sizes. It ended up being 300 some different fittings. Also stock adapter fittings, if nothing else they can always get you by in a pinch.

I like to keep abrasion hose and the oetiker clamps for it around as well.

Good luck, remember its an investment. Take your time building it up and do it well. I added to ours monthly for a couple years. Helps soften to 10-20k investment, but once its invested all you have to do is keep it stocked and the amount of time and money it saves you is well worth it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)