AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Average Grade vs Min Grade Tiling Drainage C/E
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 11/21/2013 08:40 (#3458642)
Subject: Average Grade vs Min Grade Tiling Drainage C/E

Did an install today with average grade of about 0.3. I started out with a minimum grade setting of 0.2 then because of a rock recovery reset, I had to set the minimum at 0.1. It was only at the that minimum grade for part of the run- it went from about 0.3 to 0.1 then up to 0.5 for a short distance before I hit another rock and had to dial it 0.15 before it got steep at the end again. I know we are supposed to figure our drainage coefficients based on the minimum grade, but I'm thinking I should be able to figure more than 0.1 on this run

Additional info- this was a 6" main (most of it non-perforated) put in to drain about 6 acres and I know it is more than enough for that, but there is a possibility of adding another 6 acres sometime in the distant future. At a 3/8 coefficient it comes to just under 10 acres at 0.1, around 14 acres at 0.2, and almost 17 acres at 0.3. I am confident that 12 acres should be fine, but this whole scenario got me to thinking about how we should be figuring drainage ability of our mains- especially when we are often working with old mains that we really are not sure about the what the minimum grade is under all that dirt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)