AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What a difference 36 hours makes (Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 5/2/2013 07:40 (#3075196)
Subject: What a difference 36 hours makes (Pics)

Someone was wondering a few weeks about pulling a dry cart behind planter. We got two days worth of planting in, and then had to stop because of snow. Asked Dad this morning if he has ever had a spring planted row crop covered by snow. He doesn't think so, but there are only 3 months we can't have snow, June, July and August. Still very dry, so we would rather have a 2 inch rain at this point. I guess we will take what we can get. This is our second year pulling the cart behind the planter. Putting on MES-Z and Urea through the Cart. 4 inches over because 2 inches wreaks havoc on the double discs. You will probably notice our population at 16,000. We thought about even going lower. So this is much different than you guys up in the corn belt. We also usually have plenty of days to get corn in, moisture and heat units are normally not a factor.

The first picture is of my almost two year old on Easter.
The second picture is him helping me on the tractor (more like helping his mother's sanity for an hour).
The rest are pretty self explanatory
We have to run two screens because with Seedstar XP when you plug the air cart into the planter it overrides the planter computer and takes it off your screen. John Deere seems to not have any desire to fix it so we just run another harness to the cart. You can trick the screen into thinking it's a drill but you lose some of your documentation abilities. We ended liking having the second screen because you can keep the planter and cart screens up at all times.

Sorry for the bad quality, I had to resize them down from my Iphone considerably.

Edited by No soil disturbance 5/2/2013 07:48

(Jude Tractor Resized.jpg)

(IMG_0278.JPG)

(Planter Resized.jpg)

(Planter Resized 2.jpg)

(Planter Resized 3.jpg)

(Planter Resized 4.jpg)

(IMG_0280.JPG)

(IMG_0287.jpg)

(IMG_0295.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Jude Tractor Resized.jpg (62KB - 61 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0278.JPG (53KB - 67 downloads)
Attachments Planter Resized.jpg (39KB - 66 downloads)
Attachments Planter Resized 2.jpg (45KB - 68 downloads)
Attachments Planter Resized 3.jpg (52KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments Planter Resized 4.jpg (47KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0280.JPG (92KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0287.jpg (38KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0295.JPG (81KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)