AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

intellislope/wm drain with IMD-600 pitch control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bswenseth
Posted 4/14/2013 23:25 (#3036544 - in reply to #3036516)
Subject: Re: intellislope/wm drain with IMD-600 pitch control

ND
The only info Farmworks will take for creating tile designs are from the FMX display using WM-Survey or the Nomad handheld with WM-Topo.

WM-Survey can be ran while you are planting, cultivating, or anytime you are in the field. I would not recommend to run WM-Survey in a combine as their will be inaccurate information in the elevation readings when the hopper is full vs. empty.

WM-Topo is a hand held stick for measuring elevation data in hard to reach areas (culverts, ditches, standing crop). You could also install it on a 4 wheeler, pickup, or another tractor. It wirelessly sends the readings to a handheld so there will not be any wires to drag around.

I have put in a request for Farmworks to be able to use lidar data so general design questions can be addressed. I understand the need to design off of absolute data points (in this case, meaning the best posible data available to the average producer) using RTK instead of lidar but I do see the need for the ability to at least use other data for more broad decision making situations.

Edited by bswenseth 4/15/2013 08:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)