AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

poll about 2012
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 12/31/2012 12:31 (#2788206 - in reply to #2787469)
Subject: RE: poll about 2012

A bit different year for me. Finally had to face the music and downsize because of my health. Sold my home place and sold my cows in the spring before the breeding stock market started slipping because of the drought. I don't plant any crops. Didn't put up any hay. Did sell all my carryover hay, probably too soon before hay started going up.

Still own some pasture at another location but the guy who rents it keeps up the fence. Kept my tractors and hay equipment. I also have 200 acres of hay there to put up with a neighbor who helps me using my equipment for a share.

I tell people I'm gainfully unemployed, down but not out of the business. Now I can do what I want, when I want, instead of being tied down by chores. Best part is I can live here as long as I want/am able to. After I'm gone this will probably be another vacant place.

One good thing, I don't have to go outside on cold winter days. Oxygen tubing is darn stiff stuff when it get down around 0. Also found out I can't leave my extra bottles in the cold car or they leak out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)