AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8100, is it worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 12/4/2012 13:17 (#2732556 - in reply to #2731760)
Subject: Re: JD 8100, is it worth it?

Iowa
I learned way early in my career to pay up for pristine used and you'll be better off in the long run-- the cost per hour of use will be way less even though the initial cost will be a bit higher.

I've just been through shopping for an 8300 and found that the really nice ones are $20k more than they were 3 or 4 years ago, but they're still easier to pay for now w $7.50 corn. I settled on a absolutely perfect 1998 8300 w 3300 hrs and new rubber. The rubber alone is over $12,000. MFD, duals, delux cab, front and rear weights, etc. Included in the deal was going through the dealer's shop this winter and fixing anything I found wrong during use this fall. I also had a nice visit with the former owner, which means a lot to me. After a realistic value on my trade, it appears I have approx $85,000 in it. BUT-- try to find a nicer one, they're easy to pay for w $7.50 corn, and the sec 179 expense deduction deal appears to be in jeopardy. I think the expense deduction deal is why stuff is easy to sell/sellers won't dicker.

If I'm going to buy something that's had a hard life it needs to be priced accordingly, and I don't think the one in question is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)