AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is good seed corn 85 to 98 day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rHiNoBaLlS
Posted 11/29/2012 10:49 (#2723285 - in reply to #2723119)
Subject: RE: what is good seed corn 85 to 98 day

WC MN
46-20 was stud corn this year. Didn't win field averages (lots of hill tops that burned off) but definitely won yield monitor contest. Spots were 250-260 ish shelling the field edges and saw the yield monitor hit 300 a few times. IF you have heavy ground, that's the mid ninety day corn I would plant. I like 43-27 and 42-72 for droughty ground. 48-12 also did well this year (won the field average by a size-able margin) in average ground for our area. 43-48 had the best emergence and stand of anything I planted. Yield was ok. I used to be a big fan of 48-37 but after having it go down a few times I plan to stop planting it. It was over 13 feet tall to the top of the tassel in spots. Ears were around 6-6.5 feet off the ground (eye level or better). Tons of trash. 43-48 planted next to it was 8 feet with an ear by your mid section. You get to guess which one was leaning come harvest time. 43-27 is VERY short corn and puts an ear on pretty low. I have never had it green snap or blow over. It never wins yield contest but it is extremely consistent (172, 155, 163). I plant 25% of my acres to this for this reason alone. 44-92 is what I plant most of my refuge too. Very good roots. It actually out yielded 46-61 (SS version) this year by 6 bushels. That's unusual but it handled the moisture stress better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)