AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is good seed corn 85 to 98 day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/29/2012 08:00 (#2722985 - in reply to #2722522)
Subject: RE: what is good seed corn 85 to 98 day

central - east central Minnesota -

Nebraska Sandhiller - 11/28/2012 21:38 Any one have some corn that did noticeably this year, that is in the 85 to 98 day range. Here in NW Nebraska I plant irrigated corn, but was short of water this year with no substantial rain all season. Also, are there Non gmo varieties that show resistance to gosses wilt? Seems like there is growing resistance to GMO's, even in my own family. May need to be finding what will work well in our area that is not gmo. This year my pioneer was noticeably better than my decalb, however I did not have a check in the same field so that may not mean much. I had health problems this year so did not plant my own corn, and the guy that planted it for me did not keep the different numbers straight. I am going to try to put in a test plot next year and may be interested in trying some new to me corn in the plot.

The concern with those maturities is how the heat could affect them, in your location . . . .
Look for traits that can take your heat during that critical time frame . . . . . .

Edited by iseedit 11/29/2012 09:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)