AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

maybe lost a farm.... are land prices ever gonna go down??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sready
Posted 11/28/2012 13:09 (#2721542 - in reply to #2721423)
Subject: Re: maybe lost a farm.... are land prices ever gonna go down??

Scribner, NE
What kind of ground is this that sold? Was it all farm-able, flat and black soils, etc... I had the same thing happen a year ago. Farmed the ground for 26 years and suddenly received a notice. Soon learned the local attorney told the family to get rid of the long time tenet to eliminate people not bidding against a long term tenet. The ground sold for more than enough (9350). The farm was too many acres for me to come up with a down payment. My wife and I waited and just finished purchasing a piece of ground that was fewer acres making the total risk more palatable to handle and actually fits our operation at least as well as the farm we lost. We ended up paying almost 2000 per acre less for the new farm. In the end the experience was good for us. We have started to see this all as a process that requires strategy and putting yourself in a position to make good decisions. It was a serious waste of effort to be mad at anyone. Sorry if this sounds preachy but hopefully it helps you move on. I did not know how the story would all play out for me nor that I would have the opportunity to buy the farm I did. I just decided what I was looking for and could afford and decided to move if the opportunity were to present itself. It came sooner than expected.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)