AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tube heaters for shop???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 11/21/2012 23:28 (#2710150 - in reply to #2710062)
Subject: Re: tube heaters for shop???

I haven't experience the slow heat recovery with ours. Shop is 50x52x15 with a 30' slider on one side. Even below zero it's back up to normal temp within a few minutes of shutting the door. Only cool spot is in the far corner away from the heater under the oil loft.

Son & ours put ours up in 2000. Hanging it was pretty easy but we did have scaffolding which helped a bunch. Just drop the exhaust end an inch or so so any moisture will drain out. I ran the gas lines & had the gas company com out & fire it up the first time. After a couple years I replaced the thermostat that came with it with one like used in a house. I did have to buy a rehastatt to convert from the 110v that the original used. On / off temp range is much closer than with the original. I was going to put in a programmable thermostat but decided to use an ols fashion dial type because we weren't in the shop at consistent times. We usually stet it at 50ยบ when not in the shop & turn it up to 60 when we are. Only takes a few minutes to warm the shop up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)