AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enlisting in the military....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JohnW
Posted 11/20/2012 03:07 (#2707065 - in reply to #2706543)
Subject: RE: Enlisting in the military....

NW Washington
As in most things enlisting in the military can be a good learning experience or a disaster depending on the attitude of the enlistee, the current national situation and just plan luck. I joined the Navy a year after I got out of high school and it turned out great. I learned a trade and eventually got a college degree, traveled the world, lived all over the country, met a lot of great people and now I get a retirement check every month.
But no guarantees. A lot depends on your scores on a aptitude and intelligence test you take when you join and the old " needs of the service". I recommend that you join the Navy or Air Force if you want to learn some valuable skills that cross over in to the civilian world. If you want to pack a rifle around join the Marines.
That said, if you have a chance to go to college jump at it. You should check out the service ROTC programs at some school which can help with expenses and make you a commissioned officer at when you graduate. Life as an officer is much nicer than that of a private or seaman.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)