AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 Danger different video
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 11/19/2012 18:32 (#2706254 - in reply to #2706084)
Subject: Re: NH3 Danger different video

Kingston,Mi
I believe that this was discussed just a few weeks ago, that in fact it was prepared as a training video and has been uploaded without the headers that identify who produced it. Seems to be too convenient that a camera was there and no one was screaming at the policeman. I remember other traiing videos in Fire Basic that wer quite convincing but had a prologe that explained who produced and why. Who ever owns the copy right on this video (before alteration) should sue the shorts of of the posters.

edit: Went to you tube and found several versions along with this little factoid; using the date from the dash cam, several searched the Illinois police deaths and NONE were found around that date for a death by anhydrous ammonia. I remember a version of a car loaded with kids stuck under a propane tanker that was just starting to burn (truck fuel not the propane yet) , the instructor stopped the film and ask "what should be your response?" several answered about running up and trying to rescue some if not all from the car. Correct answer of course is advance to the rear while watching the scene and preventing others from running up and becoming victims also. Reason for this is, how long has the fire been heating the propane tank and how many seconds until the ends come off in an explosive eruption.
As the instructor said the proper equipment for this scene until the real experts arrive (hazmat crew) is good running shoes and powerful binocluars and off course distance.

Edited by BOGTROTTER 11/19/2012 18:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)