AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2012 is the 5th year in a row
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 11/18/2012 10:32 (#2703730 - in reply to #2703329)
Subject: Re: 2012 is the 5th year in a row

western iowa,by Denison
what does 20# less meat consumption do to the numbers-last nite we went out for supper with another couple -his small steak was $16-my meal was $8,and my wife's was $7,75,his wife's was $11.95 she had shrimp,and salad bar-my wife had a pizza burger and salad bar,his was a steak and salad bar(8oz-ribeye) and mine was the special stuffed chicken breast and salad bar and a drinkfor $8-the drinks(bud lite )where $3 except mine came with the meal!
So on a Saturday nite out 1 out of 4 had a steak-hard for me to buy a steak when my freezer is loaded with steaks at home-but noticing the dinners -it was about the same ratio-I think the high price meat does effect demand-if your on a budjet its pretty easy to cut out the high end-Kinda like Marks comments about corn fed to cattle-cattle can be fed a less cost ration-humans can do the same if they have to also-every thing has a price no matter the numbers-now where are those $140 fats at?$20 beans?$10 corn?she 's going higher if somebody can afford it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)