AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Crystal Sugar shareholders...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

khall_12_34
Posted 11/10/2012 22:55 (#2690011 - in reply to #2689251)
Subject: Re: Question for Crystal Sugar shareholders...

Formerly NE North Dakota, now NW MN
I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison between Crystal with Minn-Dak's payments. Their factory is newer than ours. It's just a different deal.

Judging from the stock price, someone thinks the management team is doing an ok job. See the chart of the price, last few years, here.
http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ASCS:US/chart/

As far as being upset about the lock-out, I can understand that. At this point, unfortunately, we've already lost a bunch of our best employee's. Some have moved on and aren't coming back. Damage done I guess.

Last year, On christmas eve, My family was on our deck, in windbreakers, playin cards. The whole winter was that warm. We lost a lot of sugar in storage last winter, and it was no one's fault besides ma nature.

As far as leaving beets in the field... I hate it too, but apparently it's a massive pain and more expensive to have the coop destroy the beets after they are piled. They are treated as "industrial waste" by the EPA... and you can imagine how much fun that is. Dispose of em wrong, and they will accuse you of "polluting".

Minn-Dak has had growers unable to finish harvest in the past as well. Few years ago had a friend in Barnsville MN leave 75% of his crop. No one to blame when ma nature don't cooperate. Sure makes a mess though.

Maybe we need a management change, I don't know. I need something more than wanting to piss test our employees, and having to leave beets to get real excited about it though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)