AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cover crop plot yield results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 11/10/2012 23:38 (#2690073 - in reply to #2689862)
Subject: RE: Cover crop plot yield results

Southeast WI
In my 20 plus years of crop consulting and running trials I have found it difficult to visually pick up on a 10 to 20 bpa difference in yield. And this year it was so miserable out there with barely ears formed on some plants you couldnt reasonably do any yield estimation or see any differences. I have a pic with my atv parked next to the field shortly after pollination and the atv handlebars are as tall as the corn. I think i mentioned earlier that I had another starter plot trial we abandoned after harvesting. The poorest areas pollinated later and those spots had 130 bpa corn compared to half that yield where the soil was good. Just a timing issue similar to your fertilizer comments. Out in this field we really couldnt tell how successful pollinatin was until early August after it started raining.

Have you seen negative results very often in all the work youve done? I've never been to no-till conference but thinking of going this year and I wouldnt mind sitting down and talking cover crops.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)