AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deere5010
Posted 11/5/2012 08:12 (#2679266 - in reply to #2679095)
Subject: Russ heres a few answers to your ????'s

Nebraska
No im not married but have been in a relationship going on 4 years. Im pretty sure she's as crazy as I am because she'd drive 5 hours last time to milk cows with me on the weekends when she wasnt working and that was almost every weekend for a year. So i feel pretty safe there that she's going to be in it for the long run too and she'd never set foot on a livestock farm or milked a cow for that fact.

Yes I do not need that new tractor but im good at mechanics and painting so I can see alot of older equipment so I can keep the old stuff up and have a nice line of "modern" equipment hopefully. How could I expect to have brand new equipment along with starting out dairying? Kind of oxymoron in my mind. Thats just setting myself up for failure before things get started.

And I do plan on going to look at these places and milk there and see what its all about and both dairies have plenty of land for feed manure etc. as they also are able to sell for cash crops.

Keep the questions going. And I know i'll never be rich but if i can do what I want and be happy then thats all I'll need and die happy. Its just pretty hard to start out right now with alot of guys milking their facilities for all they are worth and then selling out and saying "im done"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)