AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Welding judges please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

LakeRat1
Posted 10/21/2012 14:36 (#2653038 - in reply to #2653003)
Subject: Re: Welding judges please

Concordia Parish La.
Buster I cant see the weld very good, but from what i see & what You said about how you had the machine set & the size of rod, I say slow dow, lower the heat, 130 is very hot for a 1/8 rod, you are having to move to fast to keep from blowing a hole, the metal you are working with looks to be on the thin side, 90 to 110 is what i use most of the time with a 1/8- 6011 rod, thats another thing you didnt say what rod you were using, i dont like a 6013 rod, if you have a AC/DC machine you might try some 7018, but you have to keep them DRY. they will not deal with Moister, where a 6011 rod is not as bad as about moisture, with Low H Rods they should be keep in a hot box, or a box with a ligh bulb,
Buster Keep at it, a couple things to remember, clean the repair as best you can, get as good as fit as possible, watch your Puddle, the light color is slag, the darker is your work, if it thin, either you have to go to a smaller rod, or stop for just a sec. to let your work cool just a tad, One thing You might think about, if there is a trade school any where near you, take some night classes, you can learn a lot quick, then practice in you shop
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)