AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speed feed on a Raven 440 help please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/20/2012 07:18 (#2495971 - in reply to #2495701)
Subject: RE: Speed feed on a Raven 440 help please

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Is the Dickey John radar gun getting power? Since the Dickey John radar gun requires 12V, its power source is separate from the Raven 440. Most of the time (not always), the Dickey John radar gun will have a 4 pole AMP connector on it. I would use a voltmeter and check for Power at this junction. There are small numbers stamped inside the connectors. Pin 1 should be chassis ground, Pin 2 is radar out which would eventually lead to the small round connector on the Raven 440. Pin 3 is 12V power for the radar gun.

I would use a voltmeter to check for power between Pin 1 & Pin 3 coming from the machine.

Another possibility is that the radar gun has failed. Yet another possibility is a problem with the wiring between the radar gun and the 440.

To spray without speed, you can use MANUAL as you have done or enter in a Self-Test speed which is in agreement with your estimated actual speed. With a Self-Test speed you will see rate and the features that you expect.

Of course, if your actual ground speed is different than what you've entered, the application rate will be incorrect.

Edited by tedbear 7/20/2012 07:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)