AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brock Harvest-Time Unload issues...(pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mav
Posted 7/11/2012 01:41 (#2478834 - in reply to #2478708)
Subject: Re: Brock Harvest-Time Unload issues...(pics)

I agree. I think it is way less work to follow the sweep one time around rather than let it make several passes and then broom it clean. Following the sweep around is working smarter, not harder. AND, before everyone starts lecturing about how much safer it is to let the sweep make several passes, I want to inform that just a month ago a neighbor had a hired hand get severely injured cleaning out a bin after they let the sweep auger make several passes. Rumor is that the sump/sweep was turned on accidentally while he was inside the bin sweeping the left over grain to the middle.

Now to the original poster, here is how I would combat the situation. Stand behind the sweep and knock the grain down into it starting from the middle and working your way outward. Try to only knock down just enough grain where it will not run over the back of the sweep. And remember, you do not have to immediately shovel the corn laying behind the sweep back into it. If the grain wants to pile up behind the sweep, then let it. When the sweep moves forward about a foot, then shovel about “a foot worth of grain” back into the sweep.

Mav

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)