AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jcb 515-40
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gunner
Posted 12/23/2012 07:57 (#2769835 - in reply to #2769599)
Subject: Re: jcb 515-40

Modena, Wisconsin

There are many 541's around here on dairy farms and they are nice.  Lots of room and plenty of hydraulics.  Many of them run defacers in the silage bunkers and need good hydraulic flow and handle them nicely.  The 536 is very similar but just a little less machine. The new skidsteers are very nice.  The early 2xx series had a slight delay in the joystick response that bugged me when running one but they did come out with a fix to make them better.  If running an early one that has not been fixed you can notice it.  The 1xx series is smaller but use a newer system and have very good control response.  I have run a 320 and 300 track machine and they are nice. Simple to get into and plenty of room inside.

My 515 is ok on hydraulics but not super.  Lift and lower are good but if you are trying to lift and extend the boom it really slows down.  Flow at the aux ports are only a little more than 10 gpm.  The only thing right now that I use my aux connectors for is a grapple bucket and that does not take much flow so I am ok.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)