AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are users set to abandon Android?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 10/1/2011 12:42 (#1986452 - in reply to #1986413)
Subject: Re: Are users set to abandon Android?

In my opinion, Microsoft kept being Microsoft - and that is the root of their problems. They got so entrenched in the desktop OS that they failed to see the mobile revolution happening and are now in a scramble to catch up.

I think things will be different this time around for Apple. Management of the company is not going to be a problem. Cook is one intelligent dude - he has been managing their supply chain for some time and has been running Apple while Jobs has been on his leaves. What remains to be see is how future product development will go. But from what I've been reading about how Apple has been operating, engineering teams have been creating prototypes and Jobs has basically been choosing which one to run with and has been the "keel", pointing the ship in the general direction for years. Jony Ives is still there - and he is the one responsible for Apple products clean lines and simplicity. The first time Jobs left Apple, they lost everything - there was poor management from a former Pepsi executive who didn't understand the computer industry and Jobs was very heavily involved in product design in that era. I think the company learned a lot from that episode and hopefully have a good plan in place this time. Again, time will tell - but keep in mind too that Jobs isn't dead - yet. ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)