AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wireless range extender...AyrStone Free Range Internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 8/14/2011 07:41 (#1911213 - in reply to #1910838)
Subject: RE: Wireless range extender...AyrStone Free Range Internet

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

My sister lives on the edge of the Verizon spectrum.  When she talks on the phone to me, she sits on a chair near a window.  If she forgets and turns her head, her signal is lost.

I urged her to investigate such a device, but she is tight (could well afford it financially, just refuses to spend) and would not do so.

She wanted broadband, and set up her laptop with Verizon.  I didn't know she had done that until we were traveling, and she was communicating with her laptop in the back seat.  Worked fine on I70, wasn't worth much at home, as I could have told her if she had consulted with her brother. (I am the only brother)

Sister's daughter helped her contact Verizon to set up a booster, and they came to the house.  After testing, they concluded they could not help her, she was too out of range. 

I don't understand that, as I have been told those range boosters really work, but if Verizon was willing to lose a customer by telling her she was out of range, it must be true that they cannot boost the signal at that location.

I have a Nephew that owns a vacation home where he has to talk next to a window.  After hearing about my Sister's problems, I don't know whether to advise him to get a booster or not.  I also would be interested in following your thread to hear of other people's experience.
'

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)